Thursday, October 8, 2015

Rogers Customer Disservice

Found this incomplete draft from late 2009, almost a full six years later. I bet absolutely nothing has changed.
------------------
Every time I think I couldn't hate Rogers more, they find a way to be more
effing annoying. Apparently we have to give 30 days notice of cable
cancellation -- which is buried in the fine print on the back of our
invoices -- so even though we *are* getting a credit on the next bill, we
have to pay this one in full now. (Or we could say, screw you and swallow
the late fee they'll inevitably impose. I almost want to, just so they don't
get the use of that extra money.)

Questions I posed to the person I spoke with today:

Why can't the bill just be adjusted now instead of putting a credit on the
next bill?

"Because that's not how the system is." (pretty much my favourite answer of
all time. Not)

Why didn't the CSR let me know that there was this 30-day thing when I
originally called to cancel?

"Because we're not required to do that."

BZZZZZZZZZZT!!!!!! WRONG answers! Why are these companies so effing slow to
learn?

1 comment:

  1. Typical Rogers. That's why I'm on Teksavvy now. But this is something a lot of companies are doing. My mom passed in June, and we wanted to settle up the bill with her Sudbury Star subscription. Nope, she should have given 90 days notice! So, they get nothing. Wish you could do that with Rogers.

    ReplyDelete